Tuesday, May 28, 2024
I.I.H.E.M Study Abroad Program

Johnson & Wales University,
Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Application Deadlines

Semester Abroad and Degree Programs 2019:

johnson & Wales University,: Program Outline

  • What programs are included in the JWU/IIHEM Joint Academic Programs?

    Three programs are included:

    • Semester Abroad Program: Allows IIHEM undergraduates to spend a semester, extensible to a year, at JWU.
    • Bachelor's Transfer Program.: Allows undergraduate students to start their studies at IIHEM and complete their Bachelor's degree at JWU. Credits earned at IIHEM are transferred to JWU.
    • MBA Transfer Program: Allows students to enter the JWU MBA program after completing four years of study and two fifth year courses at IIHEM.

Who is eligible to apply to these programs?

  • Semester Abroad Program: Qualified IIHEM students who have successfully completed at least three semesters of academic study.
  • Bachelor's Transfer Program.: Qualified IIHEM undergraduates enrolled in BAC+3 who have successfully completed at least four or six semesters of academic study.
  • MBA Transfer Program: Qualified IIHEM students enrolled in BAC+5 who have successfully completed four years of academic study and have taken two courses from the fifth year.

Students applying to these programs must have a minimal GPA of 3.0

What degrees do these programs lead to?

Upon successful completion of the Program, enrolled students will receive:

  • Semester Abroad Program: This program is not a degree program. Courses taken at JWU will be transferred to equivalent courses at IIHEM.
  • Bachelor's Transfer Program.: JWU Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
  • MBA Transfer Program: JWU General Master of Business Administration.

Are these programs accredited?


IIHEM diplomas are accredited and "Reconnus Equivalents" by the Moroccan Ministry of Higher Education. JWU is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).

How is the program delivered?

  • Semester Abroad Program: Students must have completed three academic semesters at IIHEM. Students in their third or fourth year can be enrolled in this non-degree program.
  • Bachelor's Transfer Program.: The first two or three years of the academic undergraduate program are delivered on the IIHEM campus by IIHEM professors and the remaining one year of the undergraduate program is delivered by JWU professors in USA.
  • MBA Transfer Program: The first four years of the academic undergraduate program and the two courses of MBA program are delivered at IIHEM campus. JWU professors in USA deliver the remaining graduate program.

What is required to graduate?

Successfully complete the credits in the program with a minimum 2.00 GPA for the Bachelor's program and a minimum 3.00 GPA for the MBA program

Will I be able to transfer credits from IIHEM to JWU?

  • Bachelor's Transfer Program: Students may transfer up to 126 JWU quarter credits/84 IIHEM credits.
  • MBA Transfer Program: Students may transfer 6credits from their fifth year to the JWU MBA program.

Do I get the same JWU diploma as the one given to graduates from the JWU campus?


Once I complete my degree, can I take part in the graduation ceremony at JWU?


Can I do more of my program at JWU?

Yes, so long as this remains within the general framework. You will however pay JWU tuition whenever you are on the JWU campus.